Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wedding Bells

I have to say, when I took on this Wedding Cake, I underestimated the time it would take to complete. Each delicate Rose was Handcrafted with Gum Paste (an edible molding agent) . . as were the leaves. 





Every tiny Pearl was rolled out one at a time, coated in a mixture of edible iridescent silver and white pearl dusting glitter, rolled again to remove the excess glitter, and then left to dry for several hours before being strategically glued (with a homemade sugar-water glue) to the cake.



All 3 tiers were lined at their base with a 1 1/2 inch ribbon and then matching ribbon was used to create the bow in the front, which the Bride attached her own broach onto.

Though I very much underestimated the time it would take to complete this Cake . . I do believe it is one of my favorites!

Love Love LOVE this Cake!
This Photo has been edited in a Sepia Tone



Last one . . . Shot of the Cake all set up at the wedding by cjenningsphotography!






If you would like to order a Cake from Kreative Kakes by Design please visit my Website at https://sites.google.com/site/kreativekakesbydesign/home , choose your Cake Flavor, Icing and Filling (optional) and then E-mail me at KreativeKakesbyDesign@Gmail.com with your Name and Phone Number and and a Brief Summary of what type of Cake you are interested in. Thank You for Visiting my Blog! Please come again soon:)



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is gorgeous!! It amazes me what people are able to do with cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Girl! It is by far one of my favorites:) I had a blast making it! Cant wait for the next one!!

    ReplyDelete